Friday, January 9, 2009

Ryder dropped for WI ODI

No doubt Discipline is mandatory in game like Cricket. Kiwi middle order batsman Jesse Ryder has been left out from Saturday's One-Day international team against the West Indies on disciplinary grounds for missing a team meeting. Ryder not only missed the team meeting but was also not able to train on Thursday afternoon in Auckland following a late night drinking session the previous day in Wellington and was promptly fined for missing both the team meeting and training session.

"We are all disappointed that this has happened. Since February last year, we have witnessed encouraging signs from Jesse both on and off the park. These vast improvements meant Jesse was recently given more latitude in his personal decision making," CEO of New Zealand Cricket Justin Vaughan said.

Meanwhile, Ryder apologized to his teammates.

"I have not only let myself down, but also my teammates, support team and the cricket fans in general", he said.

"I thought I had reached the point where I could control my drinking better, but that is obviously not the case. I am only now starting to appreciate the size of the challenge that I face.

"I am totally committed to overcoming this problem and understand I will have to work even harder with the support group around me," he added. At he showed sportsman spirit to some extant by apologizing his teammates.

No comments: