Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Matthew Hayden Says Goody By To International Cricket

Brisbane: Tragedy of the world is that Every one has to Leave the Stage. Same incident come in Life of Cricketer. Australian opener Matthew Hayden has announced his retirement from international cricket with immediate effect. He said "Today I'm announcing my retirement from representative cricket, effective immediately Now is the time to move on to the next stage of my life. I've lived the dream of every kid who's ever picked up a bat and ball. It is a privilege and an honour that I'll always remember"

Hayden said he wanted to concentrate on charity work - both in helping find Australia's next Aboriginal cricketer, and supporting the McGrath Foundation - as well as to pursue his other passions such as cooking, fishing and boating. This is the real sportsman spirit, i think.

Contribution to wards the society by a Cricketer is a big deed that must by appreciated. According to me Aussies are keen to do some thing for the Society. As McGrath is already doing some thing for society.

"This is a decision that I've not taken lightly and I'm here after much thought and consideration and discussion with my family," Hayden said adding "To my team-mates who have shared this exciting part of my life, I want to say thank you for your support and friendship.

"We have all relished in the opportunity to play in one of the iconic eras of Australian cricket and as brothers of the baggy green, it is our calling to ensure that cricket remains strong," he said.

Hayden has scored 8625 runs at an average of 50.73 in Tests and over six thousand runs in 161 ODIs. He he did not play too much of Twenty20 cricket, but his strike rate of 143 is truely phenomenal.

No doubt he made the history in field of Cricket for Aussies many time. Cricket lover will Remember his performance for a long time. That will little tribute to his Big Name.

No comments: